J. David Hawkins, AIA, serves as President and Principal Architect of H2. David has extensive experience in Architecture, Planning, Design, and Construction. His diverse architectural background include projects ranging from destination resorts and mixed-use residential/commercial projects, to churches, museums and award winning custom homes. To David’s credit are:
• The Lodge at Park City Ski Resort
• Lake Arrowhead Hilton and Conference Facility
• North Island Credit Union Corporate Headquarters, recipient of two American Concrete Institute Awards
• White House Child Care Center
• Golden Hill Row Homes, Gold Nugget Award: “Best On-the-Boards Multi-Family Residential”, Pacific Coast Builders Conference, 2011
• Casa Belmonte, Gold Nugget Grand Award: “Best On-the-Boards Custom Home”, Pacific Coast Builders Conference, 2011
• Front Street Homes, Gold Nugget Grand Award: “Outstanding Attached Project”, Pacific Coast Builders Conference, 2009
• The Lofts at Moonlight Beach, Gold Nugget Award: “Outstanding Mixed-Use” Project, Pacific Coast Builders Conference, 2009
• Robins Residence, Del Mar, CA, Gold Nugget Award: “Best Renovated Home”, Pacific Coast Builders Conference
• Saielli Residence, La Jolla, CA, Gold Nugget Award: “Best Custom Home”, Pacific Coast Builders Conference
• Domeny Residence, La Jolla, CA, Gold Nugget Award: “Best Renovated Home”, Pacific Coast Builders Conference
• NavSea Teleconferencing Centers
David also provided Design Management for Russian developers in Moscow, including:
• The Four Winds Plaza, a 1,500,000 square foot mixed-use office and retail center
• Balchug Plaza, a 500,000 square foot office building
• Stolinchny Bank Headquarters, a 130,000 square foot historical renovation
These projects included concept design and design management of international and Russian architects and engineers.
Current projects include mixed-use retail and entertainment projects, mixed-use residential and retail projects, corporate office, adaptive reuse of historic buildings for both residential and commercial mixed-use, mid-rise urban residential projects, and affordable housing for single and multi-family developments.
As H2's Director of Design, David provides continuity between the client and the project team. His involvement in each project ranges from programming and design to construction. In establishing a standard of excellence, David aggressively pursues client satisfaction with his quality designs.
David is a registered Architect in the State of California and Nevada, a member of the American Institute of Architects, the National Council of Architectural Registration Boards and LEED AP BD+C with the U.S. Green Building Council.